Our firm has advised many clients in a variety of sectors in connection with merger control filings and other required compliance in connection with marketing strategies, joint ventures, distribution, licensing and franchising agreements, as well as in antitrust litigation cases before the Argentine antitrust authorities and the Argentine courts.
Allende & Brea has been involved in numerous merger control cases ever since this regime was introduced in Argentina in 1999, involving both international and local transactions.
In the anticompetitive conduct area, Allende & Brea has participated in the two most important cartel cases in Argentine history and is currently representing a company in the most relevant current cartel investigation. We have also participated in different vertical restraint and dominance cases, and have advised various companies on the design of their distribution systems in order to comply with antitrust laws.
The members of our Department are very active in the local and international community by participating in conferences, discussion groups, publications, lectures and other academic activities.
The legal services provided by the antitrust department include:
- Advice and representation with antitrust authorities in economic concentration transactions.
- Acting as defendants or claimants in administrative proceedings and judicial remedies relating to cartels, abuse of dominant positions and other anticompetitive practices.
- Advice and advocacy regarding compliance with antitrust laws in the client’s distribution networks, as well as other types of agreement and vertical relationship with customers or suppliers.
- Design and implementation of antitrust compliance programs.
- Antitrust risk assessments for transactions that need to close before obtaining antitrust clearance.
Allende & Brea has one of Argentina’s most recognized antitrust practices:
- Is one of the three Argentine firms listed as an elite competition firm on Global Competition Review’s GCR 100 ranking.
- Is also ranked among the best Argentine antitrust law practices by leading publications such as Chambers & Partners, Latin Lawyer, Legal 500, Best Lawyers, Acquisition International, Euromoney’s Expert Guides and PLC Which Lawyer, among others.
- Our lawyers have been recognized in Global Competition Review’s Who is Who in Competition Lawyers, “40 under 40”, as well as in Legal Media Group’s “Guide to the World’s Leading Competition and Antitrust Lawyers”, Chambers and Partners, Legal 500, Best Lawyers, Euromoney’s Expert Guides, among others.
The following are some of the references published in the most relevant publications:
- “Allende & Brea has one of Argentina’s leading antitrust practices”. Latin Lawyer 250 2018.
- "The firm is highly responsive to our needs. They deliver the requested legal work within a short period of time". Chambers Latin America 2018.
- "The team is business-minded, professional and dedicated. It is important to have lawyers that think like businessmen. They are not only knowledgeable about Argentine law, but also about Latin American and European jurisdictions". Chambers Latin America 2017.
- "What distinguishes the firm is the reliability of the team, the great working atmosphere and the lawyers' excellent professionalism". Chambers Latin America 2017.
- “The ‘top of the line’ practice at Allende & Brea has an exceptional ‘business sense and knowledge of the market’”. Legal 500 2017.
- “Allende & Brea’s antitrust practice scores highly among peers and clients”. Latin Lawyer 250 2016.
- “They are extremely responsive and provide excellent client service. They work hard and can be creative where necessary”. Chambers and Partners 2016.
- “Described by clients as a ‘superb firm’ Allende & Brea has a highly-praised practice in competition and antitrust matters”. Legal 500 2016.
- "This is a highly responsive team that I always recommend. The work product is responsive and intelligent, and the lawyers handle complex and problematic matters very well. They are reliable and easy to work with". Chambers and Partners 2015
- “Allende & Brea’s ‘very knowledgeable’ team is a go-to choice for Argentine competition practice”. Legal 500 2014.
- “Allende & Brea’s practice enjoys an excellent reputation in the competition and antitrust ambit”. Chambers and Partners 2014.
- “It’s worth drawing attention to Allende’s antitrust practice, which scores highly among peers and clients alike”. Latin Lawyer 250 2013.
- “Allende & Brea is highly responsive and focused on delivering great service at reasonable rates and provides clients with a tailored service in all aspects of competition and antitrust”. Legal 500 2013.
- “According to market commentators, the lawyers (of Allende & Brea’s antitrust department) are ‘responsive, business-savvy and flexible’”. Chambers and Partners 2013.
- “Allende & Brea is consistently recognized as one of Argentina’s leading merger (control) practices”. Global Competition Review’s GCR 100 2012.
- “Clients say the team is ‘well –connected and knowledgeable group whose responses are always timely and detailed’”. Chambers and Partners 2010.